- PMJDY is a National Mission on Financial Inclusion. The plan envisages universal access to banking facilities with at least one basic banking account for every household, financial literacy, access to credit, insurance and pension facility.
- PMJDY bank accounts having no minimum balance restrictions.
- Accout holder will get RuPay debit cards.
- Accidental insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh.
- The scheme provide life cover of Rs. 30,000/- payable on death of the beneficiary, subject to fulfillment of the eligibility condition.
- After six months of opening of the bank account, holders will be eligible for Rs. 5000 Overdraft.
- Age of applicant between 18 years to 60 years.
- overdraft Faciliy is available for only one account per household, preferably lady of the household.
NOTE: please visit www.nsiindia.gov.in for latest instructions/ modification in the scheme.